Monday 4 September 2023

10-243 (31/8/23) -- Acoustical Issue

I've realized often that the house has a decided echo. I don't have anything up on the walls yet. I expect that this might dampen the sound bouncing around. I think the furry one recognizes this, too. He has been known to sit in the hallway and make a howling sound. I'm sure it sounds different to him than it did at the other dwelling. 

The echo makes me think of the emptiness of the space. I still have to add the personal touch to the walls. I will make notes of where artwork would fit. I will need to get some new removable hanging devices since there is much wood on doors and such that isn't thick enough to hold a screw- or nail-based apparatus. It will get there. There are boxes to deal with for bookshelves and office setup as well as those that need to be organized into the storage shelves in the garage. Those and the pictures will be the next round of unpacking. 

A song came to mind today that fit some of my recent travels and the wall situation. It made me giggle. I hope it brings a smile your way today. The song is about an imaginary place, though it is said to have been inspired by the Beaches area in Toronto.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Echo Beach -- Martha and the Muffins



No comments:

Post a Comment