Monday 4 September 2023

10-244 (1/9/23) -- Moon Glow

While washing up after a late supper, I noticed an orange light out the patio window. It was a stunning moon on the rise in the eastern sky. This moon is a supermoon and a blue moon (as the second full moon of August). Now, due to rainy weather, I didn't see it as a full moon, but today did not disappoint. The moon was huge and such a deep shade of orange -- a colour I've rarely seen with the moon. The light was very bright -- fantastic moonlit night. Where I currently live far less light pollution is present. At the other place, there was a giant super bright light on the neighbouring house porch to light up the large back yard. In so doing, my living room was like daylight. Out the back window of that house were the two bright lights on the graveyard, one of which lit up the kitchen. Here, there are streetlights, but they focus downward rather than into the buildings. As a result, it is much darker here. I can see stars along with the moon tonight, too. 

A song floated into my brain when standing and watching the moon tonight. The song was distributed through a major coffee purveyor -- one of the first to use this form of publication. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Shine -- Joni Mitchell 



No comments:

Post a Comment