Sunday 3 September 2023

10-239 (27/8/23) -- More Rain

The main word of the day -- Rain. This major rain event comes from the remnants of the tropical system Franklin. It rained overnight and all day with sporadic heavy downpours. I spent a quiet indoor day listening to musical documentaries and doing some light cleaning. I am glad that I purposely made sure there was nothing that I needed to do outside the house. I had a couple of phone meetings. One noted that there was flooding around town. The construction area where the four lane highway is being turned into two lanes and an active transport corridor became a mud pit. Forecasts stated that we would get 50-75 mm (2-3 inches). I heard thunder briefly twice -- once overnight and once during the day.  

While this was going on outside my window, hurricane Idalia was wreaking havoc on Florida and then Georgia and the Carolinas. So, I guess the hurricane season is picking up as it does in late summer with warmer ocean temperatures. 

Watching the rain outside my windows today brought a song to mind. The lyrics nicely describe the movement of raindrops. I like this Eva Cassidy's cover of the Paul Simon tune, though she does omit a verse in the middle. So, I went with the original. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Kathy's Song -- Paul Simon




 

No comments:

Post a Comment