Tuesday 12 September 2023

10-253 (10/9/23) -- Listening

The to do list was a lengthy one for today. Most items are time sensitive, which only adds stress on top of stress <smile>. When anxiety ramps up, I can find myself pacing around the house, and with the big open concept I now have there are circles that can be traversed so it doesn't really feel like back and forth pacing. <smile> The lack of focus on the task or tasks in front of me can be very frustrating. It takes some time, but once I notice it happening, I can stop and breath and try to recentre -- at least for a short time. 

Music can help, too. My old iPod used to help. I'd plug it into my ears and focus on the writing, grading, etc that was in front of me. It is showing its age now and a charge doesn't last as long any more. Recharging takes a bit longer, too. It took me a while before I realized that not using the music player as I worked or walked was making a difference to how long it took me to calm. Interesting. I will need to see what new technology I can use instead. I suspect my fancy cell phone could do much of this for me. I just have to find the way that works best. 

The song shared today has a title that says it all. When I have trouble hearing myself, listening to music helps. I even hear it in my head without any device that emits music -- hence, this blog <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Can Hear Music -- The Beach Boys



No comments:

Post a Comment