Tuesday 5 September 2023

10-245 (2/9/23) -- Relaxed State of Mind

Yesterday on my walk I headed to a local farm stand just 10 minutes from the new place. It runs on the honour system. I was greeted by Hank, the great yellow lab. The shed held many wonderful things. I came home with cherry tomatoes. They are so sweet, I seem to be eating them out of the basket as they sit on the kitchen counter <smile>. I was there after lunch, so many items were no longer available. They did have two types of potatoes, flower bouquets, large slicing tomatoes, roma tomatoes and beets. I will need to head out in the morning to get a larger variety of things. Again, I was reminded of how great it is to have such direct contact with food growers. 

The news today brought a sad story. Jimmy Buffett died. His music combined country, pop and Caribbean rhythms. He built an empire around the music with restaurants, hotels and clothing stores. He wrote many books. Both fiction and non-fiction works entered the New York Times best sellers lists. Buffett wrote many songs and composed music for several television programs. His focus was on finding the joy in life and communicating that message to people everywhere. Thankfully, there is much available to help maintain the Margaritaville state of mind. Choosing songs was tricky; after all, there are 29 albums from which to choose. I picked two for their lyrical stories. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Oldest Surfer on the Beach -- Jimmy Buffett


Son of a Son of a Sailor -- Jimmy Buffett



No comments:

Post a Comment