Monday 4 September 2023

10-241 (29/8/23) -- Exciting Times

A multitude of small tasks were completed today. I bit the bullet and got a new rate plan for the mobile phone. I hope it works as well as I think it might -- more data and more talk than in my current plan and for just a few dollars more. I had a virtual meeting with a friend and research colleague in which we discussed our respective household moves. We also looked at where we left the research paper before we took time away to pack and unpack. That helped things begin to feel a bit more usual. I went to campus to print a couple documents. While there I got caught up with a friend who was deep into preparation for the start of classes next week. Again, this conversation helped me to feel connected and within a recognizable rhythm.  

I miss the buzz on campus during the start of the fall term. Town is filled with cars -- both student and parent owned. Grocery and other larger stores were filled with people getting ready for school. From elementary grades to university years, school supplies and outfitting apartments can leave stores in town looking rather bare. I lived in residence as an undergrad, and apartments and houses as a grad student. I do miss the excitement of getting back to res with my dad driving me and all the books and stuff. It was a special time in so many ways. 

The possibility that comes with the start of a new school year brought me to a few lines of a song lyric. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Runnin' Down a Dream -- Tom Petty 



No comments:

Post a Comment