Sunday 24 September 2023

10-256 (13/9/23) -- Happy Place

As I moved forward with plans today, my mind kept returning to the calmness I had mustered in the face of those in place to help me yesterday. At one point, the helpers continually ignored my questions about my looming deadline. I felt I couldn't stand there while they got their act together but I had to. I thought "I am supposed to be elsewhere doing something else, not standing here being held up by ineptitude."   

I guess a few hours sleep didn't help the waiting game. Instead, it brought out some righteous indignation -- or perhaps just plain crankiness. <smile> While most people had been helpful yesterday and most tried today, I just wanted the whole process to be over. <sigh> I realized that I needed to go to a happy place -- in my head if not physically. That brought a song to mind -- a tongue in cheek and somewhat irreverent lyric that played well in my head. It had a calmer, happy place in mind and noted the frustration with those who fail to help when they could.  Seemed perfect for my feelings today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Some Beach -- Blake Shelton



No comments:

Post a Comment