Sunday 8 October 2023

10-258 (15/9/23) -- Celebrating

I spent my birthday with a dear friend doing fun things. We drove to a great lighthouse. As a prairie person, I find these beacons of hope and safety very interesting. They come in different shapes and colours and the views of bays, coves and straits from lighthouse locales are spectacular. We also headed to a local museum that explained the history of the city's port through the centuries. Supper was at a fantastic Thai restaurant that we have visited in the past. They moved to a new location since our last visit, but the food remained amazingly good and reminiscent of meals I had in Thailand a few decades ago. A plus of dinner was that there were leftovers that will provide a lovely lunch tomorrow. 

While visiting the shoreline, my friend reminded me of a song that I will share here today. The lyrics note sun and sand in the last verse. Also, knowing the backstory of one other verse adds to the special nature of the lyrics. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

On and On -- Stephen Bishop






No comments:

Post a Comment