Monday 16 October 2023

10-267 (24/9/23) -- Complaints for Change

Today I channeled my inner warrior. The need to express my concerns to a large corporate entity came to a head today. I wrote two letters addressing my negative experiences as a customer of the company. In both cases, I was not the only person dealing with delays, cancelations and two egregious episodes of abysmal customer service. I needed to wait some time before I was calm enough to state the issues. I was frank and pointed out the larger implications of such poor service, which spill over to other businesses -- unintended consequences perhaps. <sigh> 

Standing up for oneself can be difficult. What use will my small (or loud <grin>) voice be when addressing a large corporation? I've always believed in the power of one. If each of us stood our ground independently, the result could be major. Our actions have weight. Letters such as the two I wrote today may not provide anything other than a form letter response, but it may lead to a change in how the business functions. Complaining to friends and family about the service brings it to the attention of other potential customers, but it won't change anything if the company doesn't hear our concerns. So -- today I did my bit. 

The song shared today has lyrics that fit the need to speak truth and constructively complain to a powerful entity. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Fight Song -- Rachel Platten 



No comments:

Post a Comment