Sunday 8 October 2023

10-257 (14/9/23) -- Healing Waves

I saw a new commercial for tourism in Halifax that struck me as very creative. The voiceover states that salt heals noting tears, sweat, and ocean waves and fog. The end line points out that one has to be willing to rub salt into one's wounds. Isn't that intriguing? I can vouch for the head-clearing and soul cleansing nature of waves and walking along the beach listening to the ocean. As a prairie person who grew up in a land-locked part of the nation, I was surprised by just how much better I felt after a visit to the beach or shoreline. Listening to surf can relax. It is like peace washing over you. At this time of year, the surf in Nova Scotia draws surfers to the province due to the warmer waters and the Atlantic storms pushing the waves. 

The song today deals with the choice of Atlantic or Pacific beaches to visit. There are sandy beaches along the lengthy coastlines for both oceans, so lots of choice. Given my location, I lean towards the Atlantic coastal regions for the renewal and health giving aspects of the sea. Enjoy! 

Heads Carolina, Tails California -- Jo Dee Messina 




No comments:

Post a Comment