Tuesday 17 October 2023

10-275 (2/10/23) -- Weariness

Sunshine and blue skies greeted me as I stepped outside for my daily walk. It was a short one, but got me out in the sun. The rest of the plans for the day went by the wayside. I felt so weary. I listened to the TV while trying to catch up with online messages. Not much got done. 

I miss my old routines, my neighbours -- animals and people, my closeness to friends' homes. At times it feels like I've moved across the country, when I am only a 15 minute drive from the old 'hood. The key word there is "drive". Walking will be 45-60 minutes. Getting back is mainly uphill, so it would take longer. I will need to find a way to work around these feelings and to find new neighbours and routines. It just takes so much effort some days.  

I hope that tomorrow will improve these feelings of physical and emotional weariness. We'll see. I chose a song for its title. This one had a distinct political undertone when it was released after the death of Martin Luther King. So, is very different from my situation. It did make me ponder a more social change for the broader world. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I'm Tired, I'm Tired, I'm Tired -- Marva Whitney

at


No comments:

Post a Comment