Sunday 15 October 2023

10-265 (22/9/23) -- I've Got a Moat!

A mix of sun and clouds followed me today. I headed home after a stop for breakfast at a great truck stop restaurant. It is always busy there and the food is good. The all day breakfast entices me. Today I had a Western sandwich as it was closer to lunch time than breakfast time. <smile>. Traffic was light for a Friday. I appreciated that, even with the 4-lane highway all the way home now. The final section opened this summer. 

When I arrived in the driveway at the new place, caution tape across the front porch greeted me. Now there wasn't anything major involved. The two piles of fill that had been on the front yard had been spread and a trench had been dug along the front of the porch area. The tape was to ensure people didn't step off the porch into the trench. Topsoil should arrive soon, followed by shrubs along the porch and grass seed for the rest of the front yard. My neighbour made me laugh when she greeted me with "You've got a moat!" 

I was happy to see the progress with the landscaping. The trench -- or potential mote depending on how much rain we get in the next few days -- was s major signal of change. I chose a song to share because of the band name of this Canadian group. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Beside You -- Marianas Trench



No comments:

Post a Comment