Friday 13 October 2023

10-264 (21/9/23) -- Leaving for Now

We woke early today to head back to the airport. I slept poorly knowing that there would be an early alarm. It makes little sense, but anxiety is involved. There is a fear that I may sleep through the alarm. <sigh> I have trouble on days like this. Saying goodbye has never been my strong suit. I dislike seeing a visit end. Emotions run high in these situations and tears appear at inopportune times. Crying in public feels wrong. <sigh> Check-in went smoothly -- for a change <smile>. We chatted for a bit before needing to enter the security zone. Again, things went smoothly until the connecting airport where there was a major issue getting from one plane to the next gate. Trust me, letters have been written <sigh>. The layover was long so there was no risk of missing the next flight. 

I stayed at the destination airport overnight since arrival was after dark and I knew I'd be exhausted -- physically and emotionally. Sleep was welcomed far more than a 2+ hour drive. That trip will be tackled tomorrow. 

A goodbye song is difficult to find. I chose one for the lyrics about time of day, mode of transport and the aspect that this is 'see you soon'. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Leaving on a Jet Plane -- John Denver


 

No comments:

Post a Comment