Wednesday 18 October 2023

10-269 (26/9/23) -- Big Smiles

Early today, I met the gardener on the front porch as he raked the topsoil in the trench destined for shrubs. I asked what might be planted and he listed many things that I've seen in front of other units in the complex. I said as long as there was something red or pink, I'd be happy. In the afternoon, I headed out for a longer walk. On my return six newly planted shrubs greeted me. There is a pontentilla, that reminds me of home as mom had one in the front yard of my childhood home. Others include a pinkish-red rose, a burning bush (in all its reddish pink glory), a pinkish hydrangea, and a deep red leaf bush (not sure what the plant is though). The sixth plant is a miniature Albert spruce -- a great nod to Western Canada for me. 

Seeing the newly planted shrubs had me grinning like a fool. My reaction surprised me. There were even some tears -- happy tears. These will be stunning in the next growing season. I did not fail to notice that four of the six plants had reddish tones. <smile>  

The lyrics of a song came to mind after experiencing the happiness with the latest landscaping. I chose a recent cover version of the song. The home movies contained in the video show part of the origin of the director part of the singer's career. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Shiny Happy People -- Micky Dolenz (from Dolenz sings R.E.M.) 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment