Tuesday 17 October 2023

10-278 (6/10/23) -- A Double Dare

Well -- today I did something that I tend to shy away from always. Grocery shopping should never be done on the Friday before a long weekend particularly Thanksgiving or Christmas. Heading to the grocery store on the day before a storm is also not recommended. So -- what did I do? I went for groceries today with a storm expected tomorrow and Thanksgiving on the weekend. It wasn't as crowded as I'd expected. The slow down was at the checkout where only three registers were open. Now I'm sure that these two rules aren't just mine. The stores should be well aware of the increased number of shoppers on these days. Why then do they not have more checkouts open? <sigh> 

When I got home I found something that helped me to smile after the silliness at the store. Grass seed had been sprayed on the front lawn. This is a fast growing mixture. People up the street have had their lawns mowed twice after being seeded about a month ago. Luckily, we do have a longer growing season so there should be more growth for this lawn before we see wintry weather. The spaces between units and out behind our buildings will have to wait for spring, I guess. These areas still need fill and topsoil. 

A line from a movie ran through my head when I realized I was shopping on a very busy day. A deep cut from a '60s band albums also used a similar phrase. So, I share this one with you. It is different than many songs from this group and carries a strong environmental message. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Don't Go Near the Water -- The Beach Boys

 

No comments:

Post a Comment