Monday 30 October 2023

10-285 (13/10/23) -- Careless Shaving

I spent much of the day at home trying to do small tasks from the lengthy 'to do' list. Triskaidekaphobia may have something to do with it, too. <grin> I tend to lay the blame for this on an Irish grandmother, but it isn't all her fault. I broke my leg -- first break in my life -- at my friend's 10th birthday party. We were out skating and I got shoved from behind when leaving the shack where we changed into skates. I fell down with my foot caught under the door. It was unpleasant -- a spiral type fracture of the tibia. This party was on Friday 13th. So, that needs to be added to the mix, too.

When I went out to check the mail -- in a community box down on the corner -- I encountered my neighbour heading back to work after lunch. We noted that the grass seed had begun to sprout and was growing well in splotches across the front yards. She laughed and said that it looked like badly shaved legs. That made me laugh. She comes up with some great ones. <smile> 

The song I chose for today came to mind as I was laughing at the visual metaphor. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Legs -- ZZ Top



No comments:

Post a Comment