Wednesday 18 October 2023

10-278 (5/10/23) -- Land of LIving Skies

Today was a busy day. An appointment in the morning was followed by a stop at the pharmacy. I had lunch with a good friend and a chat with another friend later in the afternoon. The highlight, though, was a visit from my friend from Saskatchewan over a lovely lunch. We haven't seen each other for a couple of years, so today was special. It was fun to be able to show someone my new place, too. -- despite the remaining boxes. I got to hear about her recent trip to Europe. That got me thinking of the places I'd like to visit. 

At the end of the day, I've been thinking of Saskatchewan -- the Land of Living Skies. There are so many places I'd like to visit again and people that I'd like to see. There may be an event there next year, so that may be my opening for a larger visit. I chose a song by a singer-songwriter from close to home. In this one she notes the big skies as a view she misses elsewhere. I know that feeling. <sigh> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Bigger than Anywhere Else -- Connie Kaldor



No comments:

Post a Comment