Monday 16 October 2023

10-268 (25/9/23) -- Recalling Youth

More fill and topsoil was spread in the front yard today. I was out getting groceries for most of the heavy equipment work. The ground looks all ready for shrubs and grass. I am excited to see those next steps occur. 

Two famous folks passed today. David McCallum acted in television series until the end of his life. He was 90 when he died. I remember him as Illya Kuryakin in The Man from U.N.C.L.E., which my family watched weekly. More recently I've watch him on NCIS, where he played Donald "Ducky" Mallard for 20 years. He began his 77 year acting career as a teenager. I often pointed to McCallum as an example of older adults being productive. 

Terry Kirkman, musician and songwriter, also died today. He was a founding member and vocalist of The Association, a '60s band. I chose to share one of their hits written by Kirkman. It is a light and somewhat silly song that reminds me of my youth.  It is a bit upbeat -- something that was needed today <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Windy -- The Association





No comments:

Post a Comment