Saturday 11 May 2024

11-127 (6/5/24) -- Unplanned Changes

I had a mid-day appointment for teeth cleaning that was booked last October. I sat for a while in the office waiting for folks to return from lunch. When the receptionist returned, she immediately had the two other people taken in to the exam rooms. I waited. She finally asked if I had an appointment today -- not a good sign. <sigh> I gave her my name and noted I had a 1 PM appointment for a cleaning. She spent a long time at the computer screen and then told me my appointment had been  canceled. The personnel were not in today. The appointment had been rebooked for next month. She then told me that this had been confirmed with me by phone call. No call had been received. I didn't miss one, either. Their office number had not been in missed calls on either cell or house phone. Such silliness. I felt very frustrated by this inability to communicate and to take up a chunk of my day. I could have done something else on my larger 'to do' list. However, I headed home and called to change a couple of appointments elsewhere this week. The offices involved even followed up with a text and e-mail. I would like to suggest that to the dental office, which is undergoing personnel changes with a couple of major retirements. 

I am still getting used to the new eye drop that is part of the healing process after cataract surgery. It is uncomfortable. The side effects were presented as an alphabetical list! The first time I've encountered that in the package insert. There are a lot listed and even more mentioned in paragraph and table format. It even notes that the drops were prescribed when the MD felt the benefits will outweigh the risks of 'mild' side effects. There were fewer serious effects mentioned, thankfully. Not all side effects will occur in all people. Some people may have little to no effect. I've had a couple of minor issues, so won't complain too loudly. <smile>  

It has been a day focused on changes -- planned and unplanned.  I don't deal well with unexpected changes like that I encountered today. I like the positive lyrics of the song shared here today, one from a band from Saskatoon. <big smile>  They encourage people to change as they grow, but to be themselves. That sounds good to me today. I need to deal with changes around me and within me remembering who I am in the process. No small feat some days. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy!

Change -- Wide Mouth Mason



No comments:

Post a Comment