Monday 13 May 2024

11-134 (13/5/24) -- Mystery of the Ages

Today I attended to several household chores and moved perennials onto the patio. They seem to be sprouting well in the garage, so I hope this continues outside. The sunshine and blue sky might help with that.  

While working in the kitchen I came across a mystery of the ages. How do crumbs find their way into all kitchen drawers? Most food preparation occurs on the island or the counter above the dishwasher (toaster is there). So, the conundrum is how do crumbs migrate across the kitchen to the cutlery drawers and those for cooking and baking utensils? The process is vexing. Cleaning drawers involves much more than wiping down doors and countertops. <sigh> I've encountered this in all kitchens I've inhabited, yet most places had limited counter space so cooking and plating occurred above the drawers in question. In the current kitchen that is not the case, given the extra prep space on the island counter top. I have a feeling this enigma may not be solved and I just will have to learn to live with crumbs everywhere. 

A song line came to mind while pondering the contents of the kitchen drawers. The song lyrics speak of favourite things, one of which is a crumb-inducing product. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Most -- Jon Troast



No comments:

Post a Comment