Sunday 12 May 2024

11-132 (11/5/24) -- Sky LIghts

My arm is very sore at the site of the vaccine injection, but this didn't interfere with house cleaning activities unless I lifted the arm above the shoulder. Darn. <grin> So, floors and laundry were included in the day. 

We had a dry day for a change, but still cloudy and cool. The aurora borealis has been making a show for areas much further south than usual. They say that this was seen as far south as Alabama and into the Caribbean last night. Major colours appeared in the local area last night, but skies were obscured by clouds right around here. I've seen great pictures from friends who headed north of town last night. It seems that clouds will prevail again here tonight, so to see this one would have to go north and west of here. 

The light show comes from the strongest geomagnetic storms in the past two decades. I would have loved to see it. I have seen them back in Saskatchewan, where they were clear without the use of a camera lens. Lovely lime green waves danced across the sky as I was driving down the highway one night. 

I chose a song with lines that remind me of that night driving across the prairie. The lyrics tell a story of something wildly different, but there is a line about the coloured lights in the sky. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Little Green -- Joni Mitchell 





No comments:

Post a Comment