Sunday 26 May 2024

11-147 (26/5/24) -- Dirt & Grit

Sunday has been a quiet day with housework and blog polishing for posting <smile>. There were more sunny breaks today with temperatures still in the mid-teens Celsius -- just the lower mid-teens today. I vacuumed -- my least favourite household task. I tried to get the small gritty things up off the floor. I found many faux grits that appear to be tiny paint drops that were not adequately cleaned during construction. <sigh> Now that I can see these small things, it appears like dirt when it isn't. Wild.  

By supper time we had a light rain that will help the plants and seeds that have been tended in the yard. Last week the lawn got its first ever mowing (it was seeded last October so no time to grow enough for a mow). Fertilizer and over-seeding with clover were also completed. The shrub beds got a new topping of soil and a good weeding. The place will be looking good this season. 

Working in the soil and cleaning inside brought a band to mind. I've chosen a song by Bob Dylan  that the band covered. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Shall be Released -- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band ft. Larkin Poe




No comments:

Post a Comment