Monday 1 July 2024

11-182 (30/6/24) -- School Spirit

I finished the bit of laundry left. I did some outlines for writing and revising of a research paper manuscript today. There is a lot to think about for the  revisions. I feel overwhelmed at times -- so much to process and deadlines to meet. I also updated the information sheet I take with me to medical appointments. The next eye laser procedure will be in another week, so wanted this information ready to go then. 

I sent a note to the high school reunion organizers to let them know I won't be able to attend due to the timing of the eye surgery. This made me sad. I'd like to see and speak with some of the people I knew well in high school. Some of us were together from public school through high school. I would like to do a virtual chat if someone would carry me around on their phone to say 'hi' to a few folks. We'll see if that might work or not. 

I went to the same high school as my parents and many of my aunts and uncles. There were four secondary schools in my home town, so there was a choice. <smile> When there was an all year reunion for the school's 75th anniversary, it was like a family reunion. So, I guess many of us chose that school even when two others were within easy walking distance from home. Thinking of this brought a song line or two to mind. The Crimson and Gold! Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Be True to Your School -- The Beach Boys


 

No comments:

Post a Comment