Saturday 20 July 2024

11-201 (19/7/24) -- Music Calms

On my outing to check mail, I found none. I still went for a walk around the block. It felt very humid but not as hot as previous days. I worked on edits for the manuscript that will be sent to a journal for consideration. It took a lot of time. Frustration reigns with vision difficulties that make their presence known more when eyes get fatigued. That length of time is less than it was before surgery, but things should improve with time. I just don't have a lot of patience. I'm tired of not seeing clearly up close. I have to remind myself that near vision has always been where I had clear vision. With new lenses, vision is more like what other people experience -- needing reading glasses after middle-age changes. I need prescription lenses for this to be be doable. I want to read a book again. I need to do online writing and manuscript reading while using two eyes instead of trading off between eyes. I need to be able to thread a needle to do the quilting project and for the minor mending that sits in wait. By the end of the typing work for the day, I had a headache and my eyes were dry and tired feeling. 

Now don't get me wrong. I love the distance vision that allows me to walk and drive and such. That I haven't had clearly for some time. The far distance, I likely never had. Once the current 'settling in' phase is complete, I will be able to get glasses that should help with close up work. That will be another month. Again, I have to practice patience, but that isn't very easy. <smile> 

Today is Brian May's 77th birthday. Dr. May has a PhD is astrophysics, but is best known for his exceptional guitar work with Queen. I listened to a lot of songs for this one, which helped me to feel a bit calmer.  It was difficult to choose a song or even two, but I finally settled on two -- well, two and a bonus. <grin> The first is an early song from the 1970s -- ahead of its time. The second is interesting. The guitar plays the 'verses' and the singer fills in the breaks. Very cool. The video for this one is from the  tribute to Mercury.  The Bonus shows May playing for the Queen's 60th Jubilee celebration -- on the roof of Buckingham Palace. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Stone Cold Crazy -- Queen 

  

Bijou -- Brian May & Freddie Mercury (Queen) 



Bonus: Brian May on Roof of Buckingham Palace (60th Jubilee year of QEII) 








No comments:

Post a Comment