Saturday 20 July 2024

11-199 (17/7/24) -- Loud Storm

Another power outage. <sigh> It flickered on and off a few times the neighbours tell me. I woke to an appliance chime when the power came back. I'm not sure what is up. It might have been a brief outage while they were resetting something on the wider node. Who knows? The return of power was followed by a loud thunder-storm with major rain. It did not last long, but was frighteningly loud as it passed. So, with a start to the day like that, I wasn't sure where the anxiety might lead. 

I went out to check the mail and do a walk around the block. I'd hoped the walking might help me to feel less stressed, but it didn't. A nap made me feel less fatigued, but the anxiety remained high. There is much to think about these days that plays right into the hands of anxiety. Recently, I was explaining that this is not 'my" anxiety as I have never invited it to live with me. I realized that it feels much like the television commercial about a product to eradicate fleas. A giant flea is sitting on the couch between the can and the human. It insists that if they just met they'd be such good friends. Anxiety is like that -- trying to convince me that we should be friends. I refuse to give it that power. I'd like to lock it in the attic like problematic family members we read about in stories from the Victorian era. <smile> 

The selection today takes me back to the short, loud storm that rolled through this morning. I like the underlying message of this one. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Thunder -- Imagine Dragons



No comments:

Post a Comment