Monday 1 July 2024

11-180 (28/6/24) -- Sleepless

An afternoon outing took me to a meeting and then to get a few grocery items. Big dark clouds were closing in just as I left the store. Rain began as I loaded the car. Instead of doing the other planned stops -- which required a bit of walking -- I just headed home. I had no desire to be walking around in damp jeans. Nothing worse than wet denim. 

I made a fun supper of meatballs in a sweet and sour type sauce. Very yummy. I felt very weary today. I may not be sleeping well or not dealing well with the stresses and deadlines of the week and coming weekend -- or all of the above. My neck and shoulders hurt at night and can wake me at times. Getting to sleep takes a bit of time, too. I wake earlier than I'd like to and feel I have less restful sleep than I need. I will work on this to see if I can improve the rhythms. 

Lyrics from a song seemed to fit my current sleeping situation. The melody feels like a song to relax to before heading to bed. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Insomniac's Lullaby -- Paul Simon

 


No comments:

Post a Comment