Saturday 20 July 2024

11-198 (16/4/24) -- A Great Thaw

My outing today was to fill the car with gasoline and buy groceries -- whew everything is so expensive. <sigh>. Later when I went out to the garage to get something for supper, I discovered the deep freeze had not restarted when the power was restored yesterday. I unplugged and plugged it in again. Thankfully, it started. The bread products, fruits and vegetables should be OK. The protein based products are another story. I removed them all and placed things in a single garbage bag that went back into the freezer.  The garbage pick up was this morning. If I'd looked last night, all those items could have gone out right away. Now they will be frozen until the pick up next week when I can put it all in the green bin. 

I will need to restock the meats and frozen combos, most of which had been purchased on sale. The turkey breast with bone in was purchased when I saw it, since this item is difficult to find with any regularity. I didn't have gobs of stuff, but enough to keep me going for a while. Luckily, I had put the chicken breasts in the fridge freezer, so at least I have those for now. Other meat, fish and poultry will need to be purchased when things go on sale again <fingers crossed>. 

A song title line came through my mind as I checked the freezer before heading to bed tonight, to see how cold it was getting. Things were still only approaching cool. <sigh> Not the feel I was going for. Fingers crossed for tomorrow morning -- then I can sing the line to the freezer.  I really don't want to go through the hassle of buying (pay the price  or one day you'll pay <grin>) a replacement right now. <sigh>.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Cold as Ice -- Foreigner



 

No comments:

Post a Comment