Monday 22 July 2024

11-204 (22/7/24) -- Being Productive

We had a research meeting about the manuscript. I spent a chunk of the afternoon working on the edits.-We're almost at the end for this main  piece. Other bits will need to be completed as the edits are merged with other files -- blinded and unblinded -- for reviewers. Lots of picky details that take far longer than they should <grin> 

I also spent an hour or more dealing with the items that had thawed in the freezer last week. I wrapped everything in paper before placing in the green compost bin that goes to the curb tonight. I will place a heavy bag of garbage on top of the bin to try to deter wildlife wanting to get at the stuff. Hopefully that will help somewhat and the critters don't knock it over for a feast in the night. It would be bad enough to clean up off my lawn, but I have to put my bin on the lawn of the folks across the street since the new waste management company for the county only drives down one side of the road <sigh>. How mortifying if I have to clear yucky stuff off their lawn. <fingers crossed> that won't be an issue. 

While getting some important things completed this afternoon and early evening, I came across a social media post from a retired news journalist. I like reading his posts. The post from the weekend was different. It celebrated a blue grass singer with multiple Grammy's to her credit. Only Beyonce has more of these awards. The singer she is currently touring with is none other than a rock icon from Led Zeppelin. Now there is a pairing, eh? The link provided in the social media post was to what NPR terms a Tiny Desk Concert. I share that with you today. I found it quite relaxing. Don't worry about the term concert. This is about 11 minutes of calm in your day. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

NPR Tiny Desk Concert -- Robert Plant & Allison Kraus


 

No comments:

Post a Comment