Wednesday 3 June 2015

Day 2 - 154 -- Difficult Choices

It was a busy day -- time working in the office, attending a meeting and an outside appointment. It was fatiguing, but getting a few things done seemed  'normal' for a change.  Much energy was devoted to a major decision and communicating that decision to those involved.  I will not be travelling to the annual professional conference this year, I'm feeling sad not to be there with friends and colleagues, but know I need to focus my energies elsewhere to get this arm functional again.

I heard Nietzsche in my head today -- "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." This helped me to see that the pain of missing an annual event was akin to the physical pain of physiotherapy. Both have a similar goal. This philosopher also said "Without music, life would be a mistake,"  which led me to the blog. Today's selection reflects the difficult decisions being made today. Enjoy!

Stronger (what doesn't kill you) -- Kelly Clarkson


No comments:

Post a Comment