Saturday 6 June 2015

Day 2 - 157 -- Slowing of Time

A very slow Saturday at my house today. I was able to complete some of the usual weekend chores -- again a bit of normalcy returning to daily routines. I was very tired by mid-afternoon -- there is still a need to rest or nap, it seems.

I was speaking to a neighbour who had a complex arm break two weeks before mine occurred. She agreed that time seems to go by more slowly during recovery, It is three weeks today since my fall, yet it truly feels like a couple of months, However, even having found the secret to slowing the passage of time, I will not recommend this method to anyone.  I've thought about the passage of time for a while now, wondering what makes things seem to be going more slowly. It could be the different routine and inability to do all the usual tasks, though these are replaced with many new focuses. Perhaps some of the social isolation -- not fully isolated but less contact than usual -- makes time seem to move with less rapidity. However, I also wonder if being more fully focused on many small items that we often overlook -- like me scratching my nose today and then realizing this was the first time in three weeks since that hand had touched my face (the arm still doesn't bend that far yet, but it did briefly <smile>) -- might make people experience time very differently.

I heard the title line of today's selection while pondering the passing of time. It seemed so perfect for sharing here today. Enjoy!

Time Passages -- Al Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment