Friday 12 June 2015

Day 2 - 163 -- Reflecting on Accomplishments

It was a full day for the end of the week with another medical and a physio appointment. I took a taxi to the first appointment and after lunch did a couple errands on Main Street and walked to the physio. It is uphill to walk there -- home is always easier <smile>. I was very tired when I got home this afternoon and had to rest before heading out for milk. Eating supper helped me feel refreshed. Sadly, this is when the house became hot and humid and so uncomfortable -- and when the neighbours began playing excessively loud music. Not an easy way to try to decompress.

While I was very tired from doing physical activities that would have been easy a month ago, I was still glad that I did them -- even if I had to pause partway up the hill, which gave me time to look at the great clouds and contrails in the sky. I don't want to push too hard, but do need to push in order to get my strength back to a more functional place. Needing to work full time to get things ready for conference in July and classes in September will need all the strength I can muster. Physio at the end of the day will allow me to head home right after and rest to deal with any leftover pain (which hasn't been excessive this week <smile>). So -- at the end of the day -- and the week -- I feel positive with what we have been able to accomplish. Even if it wasn't at the level of usual abilities, it still is moving in the right direction. Hopefully as I continue, there should be less fatigue so that my brain can be a bit clearer through the whole day.

The song for today deals with some of the positive feelings I've had with physical activity efforts. The singer does an amazing job. I love the video for this one, too -- many places I've visited are included. Enjoy!

Proud -- Heather Small


No comments:

Post a Comment