Saturday 13 June 2015

Day 2 - 164 -- Rain -- Peaceful Yet Gloomy Day

Today began with pouring rain. I love the sound of rain on the roof while I sleep. It is peaceful -- unless it comes with hurricane winds, which were not present today. I did my usual Saturday laundry and chores mixed with some research reading. I walked over the library to return a book once the rain had stopped. It was a pleasant walk.  The rest of the day felt a bit gloomy to me -- I still have major pain from physio yesterday -- felt a bit 'man-handled' a couple times. This made my hourly stretching routine today very difficult to do and messed with my psyche.

I fully understand pain is part of the process and there will be worse days along the journey. This is one of them. It is tricky to not spiral down into the 'poor me' anger and sadness. Tears do help to release some of the negative stress and can begin to point one in a more positive direction. Reminding myself that I'm not alone and have many people supporting me along this path definitely helps pull my head back up to look forward -- instead of at my feet stuck in one place. One person called this afternoon to check if I needed anything from the grocery store and another wrote a note of understanding of the fatigue and pain. Each -- and many others on other days -- arrive just as I need a reminder to focus or to be kinder to myself and to those working to help me heal. None of us is alone on any journey -- thankfully. <smile>

The song for today reminded me of not being alone. It is from the movie Dolphin Tale 2, which highlights the amazing marine biology programs of Clearwater Marine Aquarium -- both movies filled with many familiar faces and New Orleanian Harry Connick, Jr (need I say more <smile>). If you enjoy marine biology and marine ecological projects, I recommend these two movies. The lyrics of this song speak to supportive relationships -- that magic of social support. Enjoy!

You Got Me -- Gavin DeGraw


No comments:

Post a Comment