Wednesday 17 June 2015

Day 2- 168 -- Dealing with the Small Stuff

The day went fairly well -- got through several things that needed to be done at work but the car was still acting odd this evening. I've had it in three times and we still have issues after I picked it up tonight. Driving isn't easy, so I don't plan to do it every day, but I'd like the vehicle to cooperate when I do need to drive somewhere. I'll call again tomorrow so they know it was acting up as I drove down the street today. There are a couple other calls that I need to make to 'fix' some other things that aren't working -- needing to rebook two appointments and find out why papers aren't being delivered to the house <sigh>. Frustrating little things, but when there are a heap of little things it can make a hill of sorts <smile>.

A great song that made me think of remaining calm in the face of all the goofiness and frustration came to mind today. It works for little things as well as the bigger things in life. The lyrics say a lot and the melody is smooth and calming. I particularly like the line "I can't fight you anymore." It was part of the soundtrack of a good movie -- Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Enjoy! 

Ordinary Love -- U2


No comments:

Post a Comment