Friday 5 June 2015

Day 2-156 -- Plans to Keep Motivated

Physiotherapy was the word of the day. Seems my extension and flexion are 'good' with extension being easier to achieve. Stretching exercises to continue -- at least these can be done anywhere including meetings and waiting for taxis <smile>.  In other news I had two short meetings today about summer writing projects. This added to the feeling that some normal work will continue during the recovery process. Full work days will be difficult -- at least in one continuous stretch. So only for the two full day events in the coming week will I need to do this.  Breaks will be taken as needed -- health is paramount here.

While planning for motivations to get me through the physical work, I decided on a physio playlist for the iPod -- comprised of songs of persevering through difficulties (of which there is no shortage -- songs not difficulties <g>). I should get through the playlist daily if I spend the requisite time each hour in stretching -- I'm looking forward to that form of measuring progress <smile>. I still have not ruled out matrimonial cake in addition to the musical interludes <g>.

Oddly while walking home from the office today, a tune came to mind -- an instrumental. It brought thoughts of working and training to reach a goal. There are more than one of this type of 'fight' song, and while I have gone up the stairs of the museum in Philadelphia, that wasn't the tune that I heard first today <smile>. Enjoy!

Chariots of Fire -- Vangelis


No comments:

Post a Comment