Sunday 7 June 2015

Day 2 - 158 -- Sunshine

It was a sunshine filled day -- that soft warm sun of springtime, not the harsh hot sun of summer. It was slightly cool during the day and there is a frost warning for overnight, but the days are to be pleasantly warm this next week. I prefer the cooler nights as it is easier for me to sleep at such temperatures.  Friends took me out to the grocery store in mid-afternoon -- another great outing that fits with a usual lifestyle. I look forward to driving myself again sometime soon.  The milestone for today was taking a shower -- with suture holes healed over I could finally do this instead of bathing in the tub.

One line from an older song has been running through my head all day. It began when I encountered the sun light in the kitchen this morning. The full lyrics deal with something entirely different, but I love the poetry of the first line. Enjoy! 

Sunshine Superman -- Donovan


No comments:

Post a Comment