Thursday 3 March 2016

Day 3 - 62 -- Winds Blowing Change

Today brought failed plans and increasing frustration -- even anger. The emotions are expected at such a time, but it is difficult to accept that filters are off and one says things in the moment that would never be said otherwise. I snapped at the folks coming to assess the water in the basement and to clear the sewer that had backed up again. My patience is pretty much non-existent.

While the day began with some sun it changed to greyness into the early afternoon, followed by pouring rain and major winds. The howling wind gusts made me think of the capricious nature of my moods today. All over the map, would be a good descriptor. The mind is overwhelmed with many thoughts and emotions associated with loss. This leaves little room for logical thought or clarity. Things that should be easy to do or decide take much more time and effort to complete. It is frustrating to me and likely to those around me. Knowing this is 'normal' or 'usual' doesn't necessarily make it easier to understand or manage.

A line from a song came to mind when thinking through the emotional situations of the day. It seems to have come from the storm and winds outside my window as well as the storm that has overtaken my mind. Enjoy!

Bad Moon Rising -- Creedence Clearwater Revival


No comments:

Post a Comment