Monday 21 March 2016

Day 3 - 81 -- Fighting Viruses

I walked into work today for early class at 8:15 AM.  A storm was forecast so that it was iffy what would be happening when I wanted to drive home. I made it through two classes, a seminar and a meeting before my head began to tell me that it needed meds and a long rest. I headed home by mid-afternoon, where I worked on the huge pile of grading that awaited me upon my return to the office today. I made it two-thirds of the way through that pile before stopping for the day.

The cough is nagging and sounds like a dry cough about half the time and chesty the other half of the time. Not sure what that means, but it isn't likely a good thing. I have an MD appointment later in the week, so we can check this out along with the other items. While it is never a good time to be sick, the end of term just never is good -- and we have 2 weeks left -- 6-7 lectures for each course. Oodles more grading is imminent as end of term assignments arrive this week. Lack of sleep does not help with the work pile. Things always get finished, even though there are many moments along the way when that end point seems impossible.

A song from the distant past came to the forefront of my mind today dealing with the way I was feeling physically fighting this virus. I love the keyboard work in this one -- it has a happy sound to it. Enjoy!

Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu -- Johnny Rivers


No comments:

Post a Comment