Monday 14 March 2016

Day 3 - 73 -- Long Days Working

Sorting and packing have taken their toll. Today I felt like I couldn't do this any more; yet, there is still so much to do and not as much time as it is likely to take. Trying to prioritize things and do what absolutely must be finished will be challenging when sitting in the midst of every other task waiting to be done. Focus hasn't been easy, but it will need to become a closer companion for a few days.

It isn't just the physical work -- and there is no shortage of that <smile> -- but the mental and emotional aspect of the tasks involved that can make the brain become unfocused and even unwilling to move forward. I'm trying to be kind to myself -- something that is really not easy to do -- and tell myself that I can't do it all but I could make a very good starting point for the next in line who will finish the rest of the jobs.

An older song seemed to say much of what I'm feeling. I start working in the morning and before I know it, the sun has set and it is past bedtime. There is some aspect of anxiety to the process and being chased by people is a common anxiety dream. Loved this group from the beginnings to their ending and solo careers. Enjoy!

Hard Day's Night -- The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment