Monday 7 March 2016

Day 3 - 67 -- Preparing

I spent much of my time today preparing for the coming days at work, while in my head I was preparing for the coming days of saying goodbye. Both are similar -- overwhelming, yet necessary. Just when I think I'm holding it together, I hear a catch in my voice and tears try to invade my eyes -- all without warning. I understand that things will get better with time and as a friend noted today with time and work. It won't happen without facing that fear and dealing with the loss.

All this reminded me of lines from a song <smile> --

"I'm so tired but I can't sleep.
Standing on the edge of something much too deep.
It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word.
We are screaming inside, but we can't be heard. "

Knowing that there are many others who understand the situation and others who are walking their own journey through this loss can help. The need to support each other is paramount in such situations. Just being there or knowing that others are there to help in any way can help one cope. It reminds me of a line by Maya Angelou -- "Be the rainbow in somebody's cloud." There are many such rainbows in my life right now, but time and work are still necessary.

The song that I share today is by a singer-songwriter from Nova Scotia. It contains the lyrics noted above. I find the haunting vocal style makes the lyrics much more real. Enjoy!

I will Remember You -- Sarah McLachlan


No comments:

Post a Comment