Wednesday 9 March 2016

Day 3 - 68 -- Seeking Relaxation

Today the calendar at home contained a quote by Albert Schweitzer: "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life -- music and cats." I agree wholeheartedly. Recently I've found solace with both. The softness of cat fur and the purring sound and feel can be quite comforting. I suspect that petting a dog would have similar impact, but without the resonance of the purr. Some cats 'sing' when they purr as air is forced across the vocal cord structure. It is a humming like sound with the rattle of the purr. Again, it is very comforting.

Throughout the day today, when things became stressful, I found myself thinking of both cats and music. At some points, I was actually able to sit with my cat friend or listen to music. That was able to take me away from the anxiety and bring some slight relaxation -- both welcomed feelings.

One song that helped me relax today is shared here. I love the singer's voice -- still clear upper registers and yesterday was his 71st birthday. Enjoy!

Remember -- Micky Dolenz

No comments:

Post a Comment