Friday 25 March 2016

Day 3 - 85 -- Grayness Surrounds

Awoke to a sunny day when we'd been expecting rain -- freezing and liquid. It seems the storm has shifted north a bit, but we will still get some rain overnight. Clouds moved in by late afternoon. I did some household chores and worked to get caught up with the blog. I felt well until mid-afternoon again when some soreness and fatigue arrived. There are many things that need to begin and finish this weekend, but feeling like staying in bed all day doesn't help. Piles of term assignments to grade, income tax to begin and professional registration items to address. The impending end of the fiscal year brings many things that need to be tied up, while others will begin on April 1. Difficulty focusing leaves me stressing about the looming deadlines.

The grayness of the day outside seemed to permeate inside -- both inside the house and inside me. The cough today makes me sound like an old smoker <sigh>. I felt ready to work through the 'to do' list, and then began to feel more and more fatigued as the day moved forward. I've done far less today than I'd hoped and have made very little impact on the dreaded list. Trying to be kind to myself and allow me to take things more slowly seems to be more difficult than it sounds. I'd really rather do nothing on the list, stay in bed and listen to TV or music. So -- maybe the list will be addressed tomorrow.

I asked myself a question about what I was feeling several times during the day. While doing this, I realized it sounded much like a song lyric. The song has a bit of an upbeat sound even though the lyrics deal with a somewhat morose topic. The singer has a pleasant and easy to listen to voice. Enjoy!

Am I Blue? -- George Strait


No comments:

Post a Comment