Thursday 3 March 2016

Day 3 - 63 -- Fatigue Setting In

Weariness was the word of the day. The first two days were challenging but today the stress and less-than-restful sleep caught up with me. By mid-afternoon, I could hardly keep myself awake. I went for a walk back and forth in the hallway and then sat to finish some class prep for the next two weeks. I left just before 5 PM and really felt uncoordinated as I was walking over the freezing rain coated gravel. Traversing the parking lot was much easier than it was early this morning. Seems there is more snow headed this way on the weekend, but predictions of accumulation seem to be mixed at this point. It will require shovels -- just not sure how much will need to be moved around. Workers will descend on the basement tomorrow to clear away carpets, clean and sanitize the floors, and open a wall to search for the source of incoming water. A lot of silt came in with the water this week, so carpets leave permanently and much floor cleaning will be necessary. I will admit that my brain doesn't really have any room to deal with this issue right now -- too many other thoughts and slowed processing occurring.

The feeling of being so fatigued brought the first few lines from a song to mind. As I let the song move forward later today, I realized that the proposed solution to the fatigue in the lyrics does help. I encountered several heartfelt expressions of concern and sympathy throughout the day. I am lucky to have such good friends and colleagues locally and around the world electronically. It is a gift that is not taken for granted.  The singer has a wonderful soulful way of delivery for this selection. Enjoy!

Try a Little Tenderness -- Otis Redding


No comments:

Post a Comment