Saturday 26 March 2016

Day 3 - 86 -- Magic of Music

Today seemed a bit better than the past couple of days. Still coughing and feeling yucky, but I managed to do some things that made me feel I'd accomplished something useful <smile>.  Friends dropped by a plate form Easter dinner since I didn't want to infect anyone there -- so dinner was taken care of -- gotta love those who offer to do a meals on wheels for those of us who choose to quarantine ourselves. <grin>.  I did some house and office work and even made time for me to rest and do 'me' things. That made me feel better in my head today.

I listened to some older concerts on the PBS fund raising events today. Some interesting reminders of songs from the past -- a Bee Gees concert from late '90s and then a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert with many special guests. Great background music while working that set a more positive mood than I've had for a while. Music has powers.

One song I heard during the concerts said exactly what I'd said to myself for a couple of days.  Instead of feeling yucky, do something that I can do that will make me feel more positive. The harmonies for the selection today are tight and so recognizable. There were some redeeming aspects of the '80s music it seems <giggle>.  Enjoy!

You should be Dancing -- The Bee Gees



No comments:

Post a Comment