Monday 2 May 2016

Day 3 - 123 -- Blue Monday

I slept in today -- I was so tired at the end of yesterday's events. So, I chose to take today off from the office. My overall feeling was one of being a bit down. This feeling comes and goes these days, but I haven't had a full day where the feeling was so overwhelming for a while now. I tried to do several different things. I went out for a walk and to chat with a friend to get some advice for another issue. That went fairly well. Even walking, didn't really help my mood as it usually does. So, when I got home I began to pull together a few things that I've been meaning to put out on bulky waste pickup day, but I've missed the last two (and there are only two a year). Tomorrow is the next day of this sort. I'll trundle the stuff out in an hour or so, since I always seem to wait for dark to take the garbage to the curb for early morning pick up. Don't know why, I just do <smile>.  I took some time to cook a fancier recipe for brussel sprouts -- that process took my mind elsewhere for a bit, but not really very far from my negative feelings. The end result was delicious and went very well with the poached eggs on focaccia for supper.

So -- I've tried the things that usually help me to get out from under the weight of sad feelings. Nothing really did the trick today. One of the many lyric lines that went through my head today was from the selection I share here. It is a song I haven't heard for a long time and I'd forgotten the full set of lyrics until I listened again. The line that had presented itself to me was part of the chorus. The singer was one I listened to a lot years back -- always enjoyed his voice and I still do it seems <smile>. Enjoy!

Bluer than Blue -- Barry Manilow


No comments:

Post a Comment