Monday 16 May 2016

Day 3 - 137 -- A very full day

I accomplished a lot today at work and personally. Groceries were on the agenda after a day of meetings. I got home late and while putting away the groceries and heating supper. it became clear my furry friend was in some distress. An evening emergency call dealt with things for now -- him on the mend and me, too -- from a vicious bite that was aimed at the vet who was poking at a sore area <sigh>. I bled a fair bit, but we got things cleaned up. I did ask if I could have a pain shot like the furry one got but not tonight. <smile>

Interestingly, today is the 50th anniversary of the release of the Pet Sounds album. Seemed very apropos given the sounds I heard tonight that I'd never heard before -- poor little guy. He purred and asked politely for supper when we got home, so I guess I'm forgiven. But just try to get him in the carrier the next time <smile>.

So, I've chosen two songs to share here tonight from the historic album, which clearly put Brian Wilson front and centre as a songwriter, being involved in writing every song on the album. The first deals with the animal sounds heard today, while the second fits well with the need to heal at home. Enjoy!

Pet Sounds -- The Beach Boys




Sloop John B -- The Beach Boys


No comments:

Post a Comment