Saturday 21 May 2016

Day 3 - 142 -- Frustration with the World

For a Saturday, my mood was somewhat bleak. I felt frustrated with many things. When I ran out for milk, it seemed that the wait at the register was too long -- 3 of 4 lines open and two of them had managers called to help explain pricing and specials. I was one of those people last evening at this very store. I'd loaded the offers emailed 'just for me' and then took the  time to gather several items to get the special. It was not on my card and when I checked once home again, it wasn't anywhere. So, I could understand the silliness happening at other registers. Then when I presented my cloth bag, the cashier packed things in plastic and then put them in my bag. I unpacked everything and repacked it leaving the plastic behind -- sort of the reason one brings cloth bags along on a shopping trip, isn't it?  The other stop I made had me waiting for some time to pick up an order. Everyone was pleasant, it just seemed frustrating to stand and wait so long.

The day got very hot -- well into the 20s and the house is still very warm. That may have something to do with my mood, but that did occur after my anger was clearly with me when I woke this morning. I have to disrupt my sleep to get the antibiotics in every 6 hours. I've been tired for several days now due to that and the meds likely only add to the fatigue. I managed to remain reasonable at both stores, but really just wanted to let loose the sarcasm beast. I muttered a lot under my breath as I walked along the street. Even doing a number of things around the house didn't help the mood change. So -- looks like I'll have to sleep on it all and hope things are better tomorrow.

The song chosen speaks to the undercurrent of frustration I felt and that I saw present in others. Enjoy!


Anger in the Land -- written by Hedy West


No comments:

Post a Comment