Monday 30 May 2016

Day 3 - 151 -- Rainy Monday

This Monday was filled with many meetings -- in person and by phone. It meant a lot of rushing about to facilitate my participation in all the meetings. It increases the anxiety level as the clock seems to take over control for the day.

Luckily this was a rainy day. I could walk out to one meeting -- the third of the day -- which helped recenter and relax me a bit. By then it was a light rain and quite positive for a walk. Earlier in the day, it poured -- actually it POURED. This required that I wear full rain gear -- jacket and pants. Again, I seriously considered buying the Gortex version of my favourite running shoes. The current pair have netting material over the top and this is not water-proof, so when pouring rain, my feet can get wet. The other shoes look the same but have the Gortex layer added to keep water out but they still breathe well. It is either those or a pair of cool rubber boots which may not be as comfortable in wet summer weather. So, for now the second pair of runners is out in front.

Rain songs abound with most looking at rain as a metaphor for negative emotions. As with any day, rainy days can hold a plethora of emotions and are not always gloomy. I thought of the title of this song and felt it could reflect many different feelings. Enjoy!

Here Comes that Rainy Day Feeling Again -- The Fortunes


No comments:

Post a Comment