Tuesday 17 May 2016

Day 3 - 138 -- Looking for comfort

Another crazy day today.  The fuzzy one seems to be on the mend -- not perfect, but a bit more perky than yesterday. While at the office this afternoon, my hand began to get red and a bit puffy. The universe was telling me something when there was an opening at the MD within the hour. So, while not my usual MD, I went to be assessed and came away with a prescription and instructions to watch to ensure the redness doesn't spread. That means a visit to emerg -- not on my list of favourite activities. On top of all this, the car acted oddly on the drive to the vet last night and again on the way to the MD today. Guess that is another issue to address in the coming days.

Feeling anxious and threatened by something so small made me feel small and less powerful than usual. I just wanted to go home and hide -- horse to the barn mentality. Seeking comfort and safety seems like a reasonable response, provided one doesn't use it to deny a potential threat -- in effect hiding from the obvious.

This morning there was a great song on the Canada AM that seemed to fit so much of the day. It is sung a capella by a wonderful musical artist. In the patter just before the song, his distinct Newfoundlander accent is clearly present. Enjoy!

Dream of Home -- Alan Doyle


No comments:

Post a Comment