Thursday 12 May 2016

Day 3 - 133 -- past memories

The sorting continued, but began rather late in the day. I had an early afternoon interruption when the plumber came to fix the bathroom sink. Seems the water that poured into the baskets of things on Sunday came from the pipe connecting the trap and the sink rusting away from the sink. No wonder there was so much water after doing some hand laundry!. Back at the office I finished the file drawer in the desk. This holds files with ongoing input -- admin and personal (my personnel stuff <smile>). It was quite interesting going through my personal file and re-organizing it all. I did get rid of a number of pages that were likely never to be of use. The best part was recalling some of the activities I'd been part of over the 18 years in this job. These generally made me smile, though there were a few items that brought back negative emotions, but those were part of the journey, too.

Much of what I came across would be great for a scrapbook -- just not sure when the time to put that together might be. I have photos from student successes and documents from consultations that I'd done with media, government and industry. It was enjoyable recalling the great people that I've had the privilege of working beside. So, all in all, more smiles than frowns in the process today.

The sorting process made me think of a song lyric that made me smile more. I don't think that I'm quite at the stage of the people in the lyrics, but there will be a day here and there, I'm sure. The goal is to not stop making more memories <smile>. Enjoy!

Glory Days -- Bruce Springsteen


No comments:

Post a Comment