Tuesday 31 May 2016

Day 3 - 152 -- Feeling some Relief

What an interesting day! The temperature rose overnight and continued to climb during the day. It was 27C when I was driving in late afternoon. The forecasters say that the overnight low will be 9C -- that's almost a 20 degree drop in a few hours. There have been severe thunderstorm risks noted this evening with some rotation within the storm cells -- all in the area around here. Fog is expected into the early morning as the cold air replaces the hot air. While I like summer, I don't love it. As I said several times today, humidity is not my friend. Heat and humidity make sleeping so uncomfortable. At least with the rapid cooling tonight and a cool high of 10C for tomorrow, there will be relief soon.

Another of the anxiety inducing issues that  has been hanging over my left shoulder has led to some relief, too. It is a clear feeling of lightness and some euphoria that comes with such events. That doesn't mean that further anxiety from this or another event won't move in again. For now, there is some respite. We have to learn to take this when we can get it. I'll admit to often 'waiting for the other shoe to drop' when I feel, dare I say, happy <smile>. That may be a self-fulfilling prophecy. When the next negative aspect of life enters the days, it must be because we allowed ourselves to feel good for a bit -- that Judeo-Christian work ethic dropping in again. Joy isn't a constant state of being. It is the bits of extreme happiness we encounter throughout the days. Likewise, happiness may be more a feeling of acceptance of the ups and downs and looking at things from a positive place. So -- not a destination so much as a process or way of travelling.

These musings brought a few lines from an old song into the forefront of my mind. The lyrics describe one of the euphoric moments. Enjoy!

Top of the World -- The Carpenters


No comments:

Post a Comment